To: Our Friends, Colleagues, Suppliers and Supporters
Over 6 million people occupy roughly 2200 square miles of Houston and in the recent days we all have felt the wrath of Hurricane Harvey. With over 50” of rainfall in a matter of days the area has seen unprecedented flood levels and a potential overall cost estimated at $160B!
We continue to send our thoughts and prayers to everyone that has been affected by this tragic event. SBP Holdings, parent company of Bishop Lifting Products, Delta Rigging & Tools, National Hose & Accessory, and Morgan City Rentals has several locations within the affected area – the following is an update for our group:
National Hose & Accessory Prior to the storm making land a NHA text group was created to track all employees and their status. Several employees have been displaced and many have realized damage to their homes and vehicles. That said, by utilizing the text group, we were able to confirm that all team members were safe.
– NHA reopened for business on Wednesday, August 30th. In addition to reopening to customers in need, NHA is now working with local officials to utilize our location as a donation drop-off for supplies. We are currently in need of diapers, toys and non-perishable food.
– “I can’t express the pride I have in our team at National Hose! We were fortunate to only have minor damage to our Pasadena location. We are up and operational with employees that have already secured their family, friends, and homes. We stand ready to assist those in need and are very proud of all of our neighbors here on the gulf coast!”
– Mike Johnson – NHA GM
– Bishop Lifting Products Prior to the storm BLP management implemented a thorough communication plan including a phone number to call for updates as well as constant updates to the company Facebook page. During the storm, a daily internal email was sent to update employees. We have confirmed that our employees are safe, however, many have water damage to their homes and cars and a few have lost everything.
– The Houston BLP office reopened for business on Thursday, August 31. We are moving production to other locations and BLP locations are working together and utilizing inventory within our groups to minimize impact to our customers. Our goal is to do everything possible to help our customers meet project deadlines.
– “Thank you for your patience as our company returns to normal business. Our thoughts and prayers are with those that have been adversely affected. Our group will be organizing a way to contribute / assist those in need in the near future”
– Harold King – President BLP
SBP Holdings has established a dedicated relief fund to support the needs of its employees who have been adversely impacted by Hurricane Harvey and will match all donations made by SBP employees through September 22, 2017.
To make a confidential donation please visit https://www.gofundme.com/sbpblp-employees-flood-relief
Donations made to this initiative will go directly to SBP Holdings personnel affected by the storm. Your donations will help support these employees and their families through the challenges of recovering and rebuilding.
Our team at SBP Holdings appreciates your partnership and support. We will continue to monitor the situation at all our locations and will send out further updates as needed.
CEO SBP Holdings